|Journal entry and such
||[Monday, May 25th, 2009 @ 1:38pm]
This is the first entry I've done in probably three months or so. I would love to say I've been too busy to post but the truth is I just keep putting LJ on the back burner. I have to blog in peace and quiet, and it's a rarity when you have a two year old. I love her though, I can't believe she is already two.
Anyway, I was possessed to blog today because I had a great idea for a story yesterday and I wanted to post it before it becomes a distant memory. The idea involves a guy and a girl who meet in a very inconspicuous manner (something like accidentally dialing the wrong number) and start a "relationship" of sorts based solely through technological means (i.e. the phone, IM, email) until one day the national weather service breaks in with news that a meteoric event is about to take place and that the world as we know it will likely disappear in a matter of a few hours. This causes the two people to decide to meet and spend the day together because there is noone else they would rather spend the end of the world with.
Now, the upside is I really enjoy this type of story. I love romances where there is only a short window of time because basically everything goes out the window. I can think of two downsides to this story: the concept has been done before (Before Sunrise etc.), and it likely will have a very depressing ending and people will accuse me of ripping off Cloverfield. Still, I really do love this story so I might just have to write it or I would never forgive myself. :)
Okay, it's been fun but now it's time for me to depart. Until, we meet again.
|Something I haven't done in a long time...
||[Sunday, November 30th, 2008 @ 4:08pm]
This weekend I made some icons for the first time in probably three years. They aren't very good (though a couple I must admit I did okay with). I stuck with Harry Potter and Lost. It was interesting doing icons again..I'm not sure I'm going to keep doing these or not but it does give me something to do when I get bored and makes me feel productive. Yay. Comments and credit are appreciated and loved. Thanks :)
( More under hereCollapse )
||[Thursday, November 6th, 2008 @ 3:24pm]
So I highlighted my hair blonde last week. Apparently, blondes do have more fun or get more attention from boys because yeah very interesting. Nothing else has changed at all! It's odd.
Anyway, yay Barack. Just had to post that. LOL Lily is going through her terrible twos about 5 months too early and she's driving me crazy. This entire week she has basically decided she will not sleep. I don't know what to do with her. :(
|The essential duties of a Community organizer..
||[Thursday, September 4th, 2008 @ 9:35am]
I think I've honestly missed my calling in life, and I'm not even kidding when I say this but the idea of working as a Community Organizer is a great job! Anyway, I'm tired of everyone saying that Barack Obama's job as a Community organizer does not qualify him to be president simply because they are unfamiliar with the term, and the republican party is too lazy to do research. I decided to help them out a little bit in this regard. I didn't have to search very hard, a simple search of the word provided a multiple of sites on the subject. I found a good one that combined most of these job descriptions into one simple and I am borrowing this from this particular blog: http://www.bluegrassredstate.com/2008/07/job-descriptions-community-organizer-vs-potus.html
Is this exactly what Barack Obama did in Chicago? I don't know, every job is different, and every city is different as Sarah Palin so aptly put it last night. However, I hope that Sarah and John and all thier friends take note. :)
Job responsibilities and Abilities
1. Building, sustaining and expanding the relationships between communities
2. Implementing community outreach activities and community building events
3. Conducting research on issues that will create opportunities for effective action and help to move strategic campaigns on the issues that affect the people within the community
4. To be able to identify community and regional assets
5. To understand the dynamics of working with diverse populations
6. To secure funding for activities, events and positions
Skills and Abilities
1. Elicit effective engagement of parents, concerned individuals, agencies and organizations in regional collaborative efforts
2. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing (probably without a teleprompter)
3. Effective problem solving skills
4. Competently facilitate large and small meetings
5. Successfully build relationships at interpersonal and organizational levels
You will notice that the blog that I took this from is not too positve of Barack Obama, I feel that is not really the point. The job description was still very fair. I personally disagree with the assessment that these skills and the background listed above would not provide a solid foundation for an individual wishing to be to be president. I personally believe that anyone running for president should have a background in empowering the community and encouraging people to take action in thier government and community. It also shows that the individual has a background in fundraising, grant development, and activity development and implementation. In many ways, that is what a president does on a very large scare. Granted, a president does a great deal more than that as well but it is definitely a good foundation to start with.
Now, I think I might go and try to persue a career as a community organizer....
||[Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 2:05pm]
Okay yeah since I have nothing really interesting to say about John McCain's running mate (except apparently if I somehow manage to become Miss Ohio and get elected to public office maybe I can be Vice President too, yay!) that hasn't been said but my smarter, and eloquent bloggers than myself but I have to comment on this lady's choice in names. Her five children are named: Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper and Trig. Okay, Piper and Willow I might be okay with. Actually, I kind of like the name Willow. :) But the rest of these names are just odd, which makes you wonder. Is she really a hippy in disguise? Hmmmm This whole good girl wife thing may be an act ladies and gentlemen, their is another side just waiting to come out. I'm on to you, Mrs. Palin.
|I've found the perfect personality test
||[Friday, August 15th, 2008 @ 12:24pm]
It was two questions long and wow:
Your result for The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test...
4- the Individualist
you chose BY - your Enneagram type is FOUR (aka "The Romantic")
"I am unique"
Romantics have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.
How to Get Along with Me
- Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.
- Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.
- Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.
- Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.
- Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!
What I Like About Being a FOUR
- my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level
- my ability to establish warm connections with people
- admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life
- my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor
- being unique and being seen as unique by others
- having aesthetic sensibilities
- being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me
What's Hard About Being a FOUR
- experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair
- feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved
- feeling guilty when I disappoint people
- feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me
- expecting too much from myself and life
- fearing being abandoned
- obsessing over resentments
- longing for what I don't have
FOURs as Children Often
- have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games
- are very sensitive
- feel that they don't fit in
- believe they are missing something that other people have
- attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.
- become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood
- feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)
FOURs as Parents
- help their children become who they really are
- support their children's creativity and originality
- are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings
- are sometimes overly critical or overly protective
- are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele
The Enneagram Made Easy
Discover the 9 Types of People
SanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages
You liked the test?
so S P R E A D I T ! tell everyone!!!
(use Quick-Paste below)
you wanna know MORE?
so check out, what Wikipedia says about your type...
...even more you'll find in Google
or do you prefer to
You are not completely happy with the result?!
You chose BY
Would you rather have chosen:
Take The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test at HelloQuizzy
I don't know how it described me so perfectly..but it did. Crazy, anyway. :)
|After 15 months...
||[Sunday, August 10th, 2008 @ 9:26pm]
Mike has decided that he wants to see his daughter. I'm not sure how I feel about this. :( On one hand Lily should have a father, and on the other I'm worried that he will try and turn me into the evil witch from hell. I don't know.
We shall see. I told him that I didn't want her to be alone with him yet. He said that was cool. I don't know.
||[Sunday, June 22nd, 2008 @ 2:20pm]
I started renting movies from blockbuster again so I felt the need to sort of give a recap of some of the movies I have seen lately. I should have known that last year was a blah year for movies when Juno (an okay movie..but still just the average coming-of-age romantic comedy with a couple highly dysfunctional families thrown into the mix) was considered one of the best movies of last year. So here it goes. I do my ratings on a 5 star system. One being the worst, and 5 being the best. :)
Movies to be reviewed under the cut Juno, P.S. I love You, Cloverfield, Bella, Atonement, Disturbia, and Grace is Gone
( Movies movies moviesCollapse )
|Yay for Barrack!
||[Wednesday, June 4th, 2008 @ 2:02pm]
Barrack Obama won the nomination! Yay!! Okay when did I become a liberal? Woohoo :) I'm excited :).